Comparison of the Effect of CPE, MBS and ACR Impact Modification
Comparison of the Effect of CPE, MBS and ACR Impact Modification
Talking about the Application Technology of Hard Polyurethane Profile Anti - impact Modifier
In order to improve the impact resistance of the product, in the production process to add impact modifier. For the rigid PVC profile industry, the main anti-impact modifier CPE, MBS and ACR. Among them CPE, ACR modifier molecular structure does not contain double bonds, good weather resistance, widely used in outdoor building materials. CPE impact modifier and ACR impact modifier on the current impact of the impact of PVC to discuss a lot of foreign ACR performance recommendations, in addition to its emphasis on low-temperature impact strength of a substantial increase, but also stressed that its weather resistance, processing performance modification, and CPE The sensitivity to the processing temperature has also been proven by the actual production. Therefore, at present in Europe, the United States to acrylic ester-based to improve the impact resistance of PVC. Here, we CPE and ACR, MBS Impact modifier for a comparative test, a comprehensive understanding of them, evaluate the performance of which is better, in order to avoid weaknesses and reasonable use.
1, the main raw materials, specifications:
(1) Resin: PVC PVC SG-5 (2) Impact modifier: CPE: Model 3135, ACR, MBS
(3) rare earth stabilizer: Model REC-E, (4) titanium dioxide: Model R105, the United States DuPont produced.
(5) Light calcium carbonate
(6) processing aids: ACR-201 type.
2, the experimental use of major equipment and test equipment:
(1) high-speed mixer: Model GH-10DY, blade speed 1250/2500 r / min.
(2) Hucker mixer and extruder.
(3) Universal system prototype.
(4) electronic tensile testing machine: DXLL-3000 type. (5) impact testing machine.
3, the experimental process and conditions:
Experimental process: ingredients → kneading → extrusion → sample preparation → test
PVC in the amount of various additives as shown in Table 1.
Is a variable.
(1) kneading: the amount of PVC and additives into the kneading machine, high-speed operation, the material temperature
To 120 ° C when the release of materials, after cooling bagging.
(2) mixing: the quantitative PVC blend into the Hucker mixer for mixing, the conditions for the temperature of 180 ℃, speed 30rpm.
(3) Extrusion: The PVC blends were added to a Huck twin screw extruder for the following conditions: temperature TS-E1 184 ° C, TS-E2 187 ° C, TS-E3 190 ° C; TS-D1 191 ℃. Screw speed 30rpm.
4, sample production and performance testing:
(1) impact resistance: the use of GB GB / T8814-1998 test. (2) Tensile properties: GB GB / T8814-1998 GB test. Results and discussion
1, the impact of different modifiers on the rheological properties of PVC blends:
The rheological curves of PVC blends modified with impact modifier CPE, ACR, MBS are shown in Fig.
Figure 1 Modified blend rheology curve
Figure 1 shows the use of CPE plasticized slightly slower, but the lowest torque. In the rheology of the blends, the maximum torque can be used as a measure of the magnitude of the drive power required for the machining equipment, while the equilibrium torque determines the power consumption at the time of processing equipment production. They are very important rheological parameters. Balanced torque value indicates that the formulation has good compatibility with the resin and the length of the plasticizing process can determine some parameters of the equipment. Low torque, can reduce the extrusion power.
2, all kinds of impact modifier on the rigid PVC blend extrusion processing performance: different modifier different parts of the extrusion performance curve shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 different parts of the modified extrusion performance
As can be seen from Fig. 2, the extrusion torque is increased as the number of modifier increases. This shows that the amount of modifier increases, will increase the viscosity of the material, resulting in increased torque. Which CPE extrusion torque is the lowest, followed by MBS, ACR highest. This shows that the use of CPE as modifier, the processing equipment production of low power consumption, is conducive to energy saving and reduce costs.
3, the impact of various types of impact modifier on the mechanical properties of rigid PVC blends:
The mechanical properties of various types of impact modifier modified hard PVC blends are shown in Table 2.
drop. When the three modifiers reach 8, they meet the requirements of GB / T8814-1998. But the CPE has the best low temperature impact resistance, and the lowest price. Therefore, the use of CPE on PVC modification, will make the cost of products significantly reduced.
4, China's rigid PVC profile impact modifier application technology:
According to information, the theory of the toughening of the modifier is divided into two categories: a class of network polymer: refers to the impact of modifier in the PVC matrix material to resist the external impact of the elastic network, such elastic Body modification mechanism is formed in the PVC material network. Another type of "core-shell" structure of the copolymer: This type of polymer consists of two parts, constitute the so-called "nuclear - shell" structure, the core is a low degree of cross-linked elastomer,
The shell is a polymer with a high glass transition temperature, which is easily separated from the particles and can be dispersed evenly into the PVC matrix and can interact with the PVC matrix, thereby improving the PVC impact resistance. CPE, MBS, ACR impact modifier modified PVC performance comparison shown in Table 3.
Other performance indicators CPE are better than or equal to ACR. So as long as the determination of good molding process conditions, and in the production practice in strict implementation, the resulting product performance and price ratio is the best. Moreover, the current domestic CPE plant is also vigorously developing new brands of CPE new grades, so that it has a plastic fast, good thermal stability characteristics to meet the requirements of high-speed extrusion PVC profiles.
(1) the use of CPE for PVC impact modifier plastic slightly slower, but the lowest torque, is conducive to energy conservation.
(2) As the amount of modifier increases, the extrusion torque increases, but the CPE has the lowest extrusion torque, indicating low power consumption.
(3) three modifiers to reach 8 when the requirements can meet the national standard, but the lowest price CPE. (4) Through the comparison of the modification properties of various impact modifiers, CPE and ACR can meet the performance requirements of PVC profiles in addition to the advantages of ACR in processing.